This individual is responsible for operating industrial sewing machine to produce aviation life support equipment. Responsible for producing quality parts throughout the entire manufacturing process.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: sewing, 1 year (Preferred but not required. We will train you!)
- Sew products within established standards while meeting deadlines and maintaining a high degree of workmanship.
- Effectively operate various sewing machines and be able to conduct routine sewing machine maintenance such as: thread needles, changing needles, bobbin changes and oiling machines
- Set up sewing machine with proper thread, tension settings, and programmable operation settings as applicable
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to operate sewing machine.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions.
- Ability to read and accurately use length scale.
- Must have sound hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to work safely and within the established safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
Development Skills and/or Training to be provided after entering position
- Related production training.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Experience using heavy duty sewing machine
- Knowledge of quality and type of stitches
- Assembly experience
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift